I needed to order more wood for the bench lid, and since I was going to have to pay for shipping anyway I figured I might as well order wood for the next project, too. This way it will have plenty of time to acclimate to my shop.
I spent the first half of the day cutting stickers so that I could stack the boards properly.
I gave up on resawing for a bookmatched bench lid. Instead I'm just going to use 5/4 stock from the same board (plus a thin filler in the middle) and breadboard ends to make sure it stays flat forever.
Before I can work on the breadboard ends I need to make the panel flat. My planer is only 13" wide, so I had to do this by hand. I don't think I'm doing it right, though, as it took me 4 hours. Maybe I need to take heavier cuts.
It was at hour #2 that I realized that my bench isn't flat anymore. Ugg!