Monday, April 7, 2014

Main Carcass Assembled

It's been a busy month.  There has been some family emergency stuff going on and we all had to come together to help my brother Jason get through a tough time.  It's been over 10 years since his last relapse and while he's not out of the woods yet, he's doing better each day.  Schizophrenia sucks.

Meanwhile, I sanded, wetted, sanded, vacuumed, and pre-finished all the parts and just kept dry-fitting and fine tuning all of the joints until I was confident in my assembly process.  I recruited the help of my other brother Matt as a glorified glue boy and with his extra hands we managed to glue all 84 parts together without any real problems.

Here's the pic:


Next Up: Start the doors:  Build 'em.  Pre-finish 'em.  Glue 'em.  Hang 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment