I like using hand tools, but there are some steps I prefer to use power tools for.
- 16 mortises go a lot faster with a hollow-chisel mortiser
- 8 stopped grooves in the legs for the corbels are efficiently done with a straight bit and a router table
- 8 peg holes end up a lot straighter with a drill press
- Tenons will be done partially by hand and then I'll cut the cheeks off with my bandsaw
- The tongues on the corbels will be made using the table saw. It's too difficult to hold curvy objects, and the table saw will make quick work of them. If I wanted to cut the tongues by hand, I would have kept those boards as rectangles and cut the curves after.
And just for fun, here's a video of some fun shavings in slo-mo.